I am so excited to be offering hypnobirthing classes! Hypnobirthing is an amazing way to help you prepare for the birth of your baby!
What is hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing encompasses all the knowledge and tools that you will need to help you feel calmer and more relaxed about your birth.
Part of the course involves hypnosis. Hypnosis is about deep relaxation. We all naturally enter hypnosis/deep relaxation several times a day. For example, how often have you driven somewhere familiar and when you reached your destination, you couldn’t remember your journey?! This is because your mind was relaxed and thinking about other things while your body was doing what it needed too – controlling your car. However, if something happened while you were driving, you would have been able to react immediately. The same applies when you are in labour. If you can keep your mind from worrying and thinking about what is happening and let your body do what it needs to, you will have a more positive birthing experience.
The most important part of hypnobirthing is helping you to prepare for the birth of your baby. By doing this course, you are taking the first steps towards a calmer and more positive birth experience. During the course, you will gain confidence in your body’s ability to birth your baby and overcome any worries or fears that you may have. It is not about having the ‘perfect’ birth but about you having more control over what is happening to your body.
Research has shown that when women use hypnosis for birth there is:
- less reported pain
- a reduction in the length of labour
- a reduction in medical interventions
- a reduction in caesarean section rate
- a reduced need for pharmacological analgesia
Hypnobirthing can be used for all birth plans so if you know you are having a caesarean section or induction of labour, these techniques will still work for you.
About my classes
I obtained my qualification with Dani Diosi from Mamaserene (www.mamaserene.co.uk). I choose to do Dani’s course so that I can remain independent. I wanted to be ‘me’ and continue to teach in the way and style that I am used too. I also really liked like Mamaserene’s ethos, it resonated with my own so I knew this was the perfect course for me.
My classes are one-to-one. This means they can be completely tailored to your needs and birthing plan. They can take place in the comfort of your home or on Zoom. They are fun, relaxed and informative!
What is covered in my hypnobirthing class?
- An introduction to what hypnobirthing and hypnosis is
- How hypnosis works
- The effects of anxiety and fears – how they can affect your labour and how to manage them
- The emotional stages of labour and natural ways to cope with them
- How your birth environment impacts on labour
- What Birth affirmations are and how to use them
- Your partner’s role
- Hypnosis sessions for you and your partner to relax too
- B.R.A.I.N.S – a handy tool to help you in your decision making during pregnancy and for your birth
What is included in my hypnobirthing package?
- Approx. 6hrs of teaching time – this can be spilt into two sessions and can be held in your home or via Zoom
- 4 MP3’s – These are recorded by me. The advantage of this is you will hear my voice during the class and will continue to hear my voice in your continuing preparations for your birth.
- A comprehensive course information pack
- Birth affirmations – some general birth affirmations and some personalised just for you
- Lots of lovely goodies!
- You will receive continued help and support from me throughout the rest of your pregnancy and after your baby has been born
- Discounts of my antenatal and postnatal care packages
- This hypnobirthing course can be combined with an antenatal class – you will still need information about how to look after your new baby!
The cost of a one-to-one hypnobirthing class is from £395.
If you wish to combine a hypnobirthing and antenatal class – from £550.
These prices are all for appointments within a 20 mile radius of St Albans, Hertfordshire. I am more than happy to travel further afield – mileage is charged at 45p per mile after the first 20 miles in each direction on each visit.
For more information or to book, please click here.