Refresher Antenatal Classes
My refresher antenatal classes are for parents who already have at least one child. Maybe you didn’t attend an antenatal class the first time round, will be having a big age gap between your children or need some extra support for this baby
Classes will always be:
- At a time and place to suit you – usually in the relaxed environment of your own home and around your childcare and other commitments
- Informal, informative and full of up to date, practical and pragmatic advice
- Focused on meeting your needs
- A safe and open environment for you to ask as many questions as you wish about the remainder of your pregnancy, the birth and the first few days after birth.
I recommend that you book your class (es) for when you’re 30-36 weeks pregnant and that you schedule them to ensure your birth partner can be there too.
A refresher class costs from £150 depending on where you live – and you can add on an antenatal appointment for an additional £50. Refresher classes are also included in my comprehensive care packages.
The class can also be held online, via Zoom (similar to Skype).
All my refresher classes cover the following:
- a discussion about your previous delivery/deliveries
- basic anatomy and physiology
- recap on how to recognise the signs of labour and when to go to hospital
- all methods of pain relief to use during the first stage of labour
- hypnobirthing – I teach some aspects of hypnobirthing as some of it is basic midwifery advice; things I have been teaching women about for years. We will talk about how to relax, stay calm, create a positive birth environment and how to feel confident in your body.
- how to cope when things don’t go according to plan
- delivery of the baby and the placenta
- immediate post-delivery advice
- advice for the first seven days (and beyond!)
- breastfeeding advice
Vaginal Birth after Caesarean Section (VBAC) Classes
This class is for women who have had a previous caesarean section and would like to or are thinking about having a normal delivery in this pregnancy. This class covers everything in the refresher course (above) plus:
- a discussion about your previous delivery/deliveries and the reason why you had a caesarean section
- a discussion about how this pregnancy is progressing
- impartial information on the risks and benefits
All my antenatal classes include unlimited follow-up for any further questions about your pregnancy or birth.
This class is for couples expecting twins (or triplets… or more!) and covers:
- basic anatomy and physiology
- signs of labour
- when to go to hospital
- pain relief in the first stage of labour
- delivery of the babies and placenta/placentas
- discussion about elective caesarean section (if appropriate)
- immediate postnatal care
Following my first pregnancy experience, I wanted to reflect on the first pregnancy experience and consider my options for the delivery of my second baby.
My husband and I had a one to one session with Louise which was extremely useful and allowed me to put together a birth plan that addressed my concerns
and we felt more prepared for the second birth. We would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for helping us have a positive birthing experience.